Tuesday, August 30, 2011

with this ring, I thee wed

Hi all!! Sorry I have been MIA lately… with all these vacations and projects I am falling behind in life! Paul was in a wedding in Baton Rouge this weekend so we went and explored Texas, Baton Rouge, and New Orleans. I will put some pictures up and tell you about our awesome Southern Adventure later today.

One thing that stuck out to me this weekend was the vows at the wedding. I was sitting there, looking at the stunning bride, and her husband-to-be staring lovingly in her eyes, and I was taken back a bit. I don’t remember our wedding vows to a T, but I am certain they were similar to the ones recited this Saturday. They are about loving each other, being faithful to one another, and I think we even added a vow to never grow old in spirit. One thing that struck me was when Mollie and Jeff looked into each other’s eyes and told one another that they will stand by each other through whatever pain and sorrow life brings, holding on to one another through the sad moments in life. As I looked up at my husband standing next to the groom, I realized that is exactly what he has done. He has been there selflessly and unconditionally through the past 6 months of our lives- through the joy and sorrow, laughter and tears, and even through the 2 days when my hormones dropped so dramatically that I laid on the couch, crying uncontrollably, certain my body would go into shock from the expelling of tears! He was there through it all and I am forever thankful. As we said those words 2 years ago, who would have known what would come our way. Now- I say we get on to the other vows, about joy and laughter, and chasing our dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment