Thursday, November 3, 2011

so here i am...



Hey all.
Yes its been a while. I realize. I've been a bit stuck lately, and i suppose i didn't know where to start. therefore i just didn't start at all. But that, i am realizing, is really not helpful. So here i am, i guess trying to find some relief.

i'm sad, i'll admit. i guess i kept waiting until one day when i would get to shock you all with the excitement of a baby blessing our lives, but that has slowly become less of a reality. we decided to hold off for a little longer. and when i say we, i mean that Paul lovingly and kindly spoke his mind about his desire to wait a little longer, and i freaked out entirely. i came to my senses after realizing that what my husband was asking for was time with me. how could i be hurt by him wanting to be around me, and only me? but somehow i still struggled. i find myself bitter, and i hate the color bitter. its not flattering, and not kind. but its all thats getting me by right now. i look at these adorable pregnant bellies of my beautiful friends and have to fight off jealousy, and that pains me more than you know. i spend time with my wonderful friends and family and feel out of place because i cant talk about how to make my baby sleep through the night or what i use when she has the sniffles. seeing other peoples joy reminds me of this time last year creating our plan: pregnant in the spring, new baby by Christmas. now, as Christmas will come and go, i just cant help but think "i should be 8 months pregnant right now." not helpful or good for me, i know. but i spent so long planning, thinking, dreaming that now i don't quite know where to put my thoughts. i feel awful admitting it. but i struggle coming to God. i'm guessing its because i am such a mess that he is probably not happy with the way i have handled this situation. now here i am, stuck, and unsure how to move on. thats my only option though-to move on. Its weird- i feel like i knew this baby somehow and know i struggle to forget him. im not sure if i shared this, but

Paul and i named him Jackson.
its always been our favorite baby name. so now we have our baby jackson in heaven. and here i am, his own mother, unable to get over myself and my pain. i know i will find my way, i just don't understand why it has taken this long. at least the tears are not as constant now and for that i am incredibly thankful. but my fear now is the numbness, which could potentially be worse. the things that were once my comfort and peace, are now so hard to come to- and that in itself is difficult. i need to learn what its like to remember His love for me. how he is jealous for me- how he loves us. that song will make me cry until they day i meet him because it speaks to me heart in an incredible way.

oh, how he loves us.

and here i am: bitter, angry, sad. not the joyful woman i should be. i am moving slowly through these past few months of my life just getting by daily. trying to push my desire for a baby aside to honor my husband and his wishes. trying desperately to change my thoughts to something else- but the one thing i am continually called towards- i fear. i'll figure it out. and it the meantime i simply get to rest in the knowledge that he loves me. oh- how he loves me.

2 comments:

  1. oh lindsey....I have no clue what it's like to know what you are going through as far as loosing precious jackson..but EVERYthing else you wrote is my life now...and has been since 2010..We have made plans 3 times? EVERY time...it's been pushed back..."I'm not ready yet" is the most dreaded phrase but it's so real in my life. So hard when not on the same page..aching for a little one. Every day I have to make the decision to know that God is present in all of this and to give him the glory for even the things that are hard, I fail most days. Every day I fold clothes and now make coffee too and just realize how it is in no way MY dream, MY choice career..My plan..Such jobs that serve no purpose. ugh. I will pray for you as I know your heart, and I long for you more than any to be blessed with a baby soon, cause I can't imagine your loss. Love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lindsay,
    I had no idea you had been through such a loss. I am sorry and will pray for comfort and ongoing healing for you. Your desire to honor Paul right now is good and commendable, but I am sure that doesn't make any of this easier. I have been through a close family loss too (though not a child) and know that these things do indeed take time, but God is good and faithful to restore joy.

    Don't forget great truth like Hebrews 4 that reminds us that God has opened the door through the death of Jesus, to bring Him all of our deepest hurts and needs.

    "14Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

    Take care,
    Adam

    ReplyDelete